Library Services Update – 29 June 2020
On Friday, 19 June 2020 the SA Government released their road map for easing COVID-19 restrictions. Step 3 of the road map allows for the re-opening of local government libraries for a maximum of one visitor per two square meters.
The City of Victor Harbor is open to the public, but the service is different to normal to ensure the safety of our staff and library customers.
From 29 June 2020 the following services will be available:
- Browsing collections
- Borrowing resources
- Computer use (maximum of 2 hours per day)
- Information assistance
- Assistance with digital access to services
We will also continue to provide our click and collect, online and home delivery (for those who are self-isolating) services. To access these:
- Call and collect - phone 08 8551 0730 to reserve your materials for collection. Library staff will advise the process for collection. This service is available between 9 am and 5 pm weekdays, and 9am to 12pm on Saturday.
- Online services - access via www.victor.sa.gov.au/library
- Home delivery service - phone 08 8551 0730 to reserve your materials and arrange home delivery. This service is only available between 9am and 5pm weekdays.
Keeping our customers and staff safe
The City of Victor Harbor is taking measures to help keep our customers and staff safe. To help us to do this it is vital that our customers:
- Do not attend the library if you have any symptoms of a cold or flu
- Keep a 1.5 metre distance from others
- Wash hands or use hand sanitiser before entering and exiting the library
- Maintain appropriate personal hygiene practices (especially covering coughs and sneezes)
Our staff will also be undertaking additional cleaning throughout each day.
The library also has many online services that can be utilised, including:
- Libby – for eBooks and audiobooks
- Pressreader – for digital magazines and digital newspapers Click for help guide
- Lynda Library – an online library of thousands of digital training videos
- Libraries SA App – you can browse our library items online and place holds. Our September New items list is a good place to start browsing for items you may want to place holds on
- Victor Harbor Library YouTube Channel – Encounter Storytime Online. Our regular story time sessions normally held in the library have now made their way to our new YouTube channel
If you require any help accessing these online services our staff are happy to assist over the phone - 8551 0730
All of the Victor Harbor Library face to face programs have been temporarily suspended, including events and programs.