Library Services Update
The City of Victor Harbor is open to the public, but the service is different to normal to ensure the safety of our staff and library customers.
The following services are now available:
- Browsing collections
- Borrowing resources
- Computer use (maximum of 2 hours per day)
- Information assistance
- Assistance with digital access to services
- Face to face programs and events (please refer to link below for more details and to book)
We will also continue to provide our click and collect, online and (for those who are self-isolating) home delivery services. To access these:
- Call and collect - phone 08 8551 0730 to reserve your materials for collection. Library staff will advise the process for collection. This service is available between 9 am and 5 pm weekdays, and 9am to 12pm on Saturday.
- Online services - access via www.victor.sa.gov.au/library
- Home delivery service - phone 08 8551 0730 to reserve your materials and arrange home delivery. This service is only available between 9am and 5pm weekdays. Deliveries are made on a Tuesday and Thursday afternoon.
Keeping our customers and staff safe
The City of Victor Harbor is taking measures to help keep our customers and staff safe. To help us to do this it is vital that our customers:
- Do not attend the library if you have any symptoms of a cold or flu
- Keep a 1.5 metre distance from others
- Wash hands or use hand sanitiser before entering and exiting the library
- Maintain appropriate personal hygiene practices (especially covering coughs and sneezes)
Our staff will also be undertaking additional cleaning throughout each day.
The library also has many online services that can be utilised, including:
- Libby – for eBooks and audiobooks
- Pressreader – for digital magazines and digital newspapers Click for help guide
- Lynda Library – an online library of thousands of digital training videos
- Libraries SA App – you can browse our library items online and place holds. Our New items list, produced monthly, is a good place to start browsing for items you may want to place holds on.
If you require any help accessing these online services our staff are happy to assist over the phone - 8551 0730 or in person at the library
Programs and Events
Victor Harbor Library face to face programs are being slowly reinstated, including events and programs.
Please check our events bookings page for more information.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions many of our normal programs and events will require you to register via the events page, as numbers are restricted.