Motorised Scooter Awareness
Mobility scooters, gophers or buggies are a great way to get to the shops or around your community if you find it difficult to walk or propel a wheelchair over long distances.
If you use or are thinking of using a mobility scooter please read the booklet below to keep yourself and other members of the public safe from injury.
The booklet provides practical advice on the following topics:
- Abilities required to operate a motorised scooter safely
- Road rules that apply
- Registration and licensing
- Insurance, injury and damage
- Selecting a scooter and maintaining one
- Safety tips and planning your route
- Where to get more information / FAQs
The booklet was produced by the City of Victor Harbor with assistance from Country Occupational Therapy Services and Council’s Disability Access Advisory Committee. For more information or to request copies for your organisation, please contact the Community Services team on 8551 0585.