Food Businesses in Victor Harbor
All food businesses are required to notify Council of their intention prior to any commencement of operation by means of a Food Business Notification Form (in accordance with the Food Act 2001).
A Food Business Notification Form only requires completion ONCE unless the details of the business change. No fee is incurred for this notification.
Return your completed Food Business Notification Form form to Council by:
- Post - PO Box 11, Victor Harbor SA 5211;
- Fax - 08 8551 0501; or
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information can be obtained by contacting our Environmental Health Officer on (08) 8551 0500.
Temporary Food Businesses
Temporary Food Businesses are any activity where food is sold for an occasional event including a 'Sausage Sizzle' being held by a charity or Not for Profit organisation on a weekend.
All Temporary Food Businesses are required to notify Council of their intention to perform a food business activity by completing the Temporary Food Business Notification Form(52 kb).
Event organisers can complete a separate notification which details all stall holders and food trucks to be at their event in one form, rather than each individual food seller completing their own notification form. Download the Event Organisers Temporary Food Business Notification Form(40 kb).
It may also be necessary to apply for the hire of a park or reserve if the intended event is to be held on Council owned property. This can be easily performed by using the Application for Hire Form.
More information in relation to Temporary Food Businesses can be found on the help guide below:
Temporary Food Premises - Information for Operators(180 kb)
- Food Safety Standard 3.1.1 Interpretation and Application 56 kb
- Food Safety Standard 3.2.1 Food Safety Programs 73 kb
- Food Safety Standard 3.2.3 Food Premises and Equipment 54 kb
- Food Safety Standards - Definitions 817 kb
- Food Safety Standards - Food business notification requirements 774 kb
- Food Safety Standards - Food handling skills & knowledge 775 kb
- Food Safety Standards - Food recall systems for unsafe food 774 kb
- Food Safety Standards - Health and hygiene Responsibilities of food businesses 775 kb
- Food Safety Standards - Health and hygiene Responsibilities of food handlers 810 kb
- Food Safety Standards - Receiving food safely 775 kb
- Food Safety Standards - Sources of information & advice 87 kb
- Food Safety Standards - Temperature control requirements 109 kb
- Food Safety Standards - Thermometers and using them with potentially hazardous food 811 kb
Food Premises Information
- Food Safety Store and display food 255 kb
- Food Safety Temperature control of potentially hazardous foods 73 kb
- Food Business Guide 50 kb
- Food Safety Cool and Reheat of food 170 kb
Information for Charities
- Food Safety Charities FS1 notification 39 kb
- Food Safety Charities FS2 Skills and Knowledge 56 kb
- Food Safety Charities FS3 Labeling 70 kb
- Food Safety Charities FS4 Temp Control 68 kb
- Food Safety Charities FS5 Sausage Sizzles 51 kb
- Food Safety Charities FS6 Prepare and Cooking 79 kb
- Food Safety Charities FS7 Transporting 52 kb
- Food Safety Charities FS9 Food Handler 90 kb
- Food Safety New Food Safety Standards for Australia 59 kb
- Food Safety Practices and General Requirements Standard 3.2. 51 kb
- Food Safety State & Territory enforcement of the Food Safety Standards 85 kb
- SA Food Handler V1 07 (557 kb)
- SA Food Handler V3 07 (3901 kb)
- SA Food Handler Issue 1 2008 (201 kb)
- SA Food Handler Issue 2 2008 (521 kb)
Free Online Food Safety Training
All food businesses have food handling obligations and the City of Victor Harbor is assisting food businesses to meet these obligations by providing free access to this exciting new training tool.
There is high demand for training within the food sector. This training will assist food handlers in developing the required skills and knowledge to ensure food is handled in a safe and hygenic manner.
The program is easy to follow, includes an entertaining presentation as well as interactive quizzes. A training acknowledgement form can be printed upon completion and be kept as a part of your staff records.
Click on the link below to start your training -