COVID-19 Business Support Grant Program
The City of Victor Harbor has introduced an COVID-19 Business Support Grant Program to assist businesses within the City of Victor Harbor to survive the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. It will also support adaptation and resilience projects that protect businesses from current and future economic shocks.
The COVID-19 Business Support Grant Program comprises three streams that are designed to assist businesses through and out of these current circumstances:
- Business Adaptation Stream supports initiatives that directly assist businesses to adjust their business or service delivery ensuring revenue sources can be maintained or derived.
- Business Cashflow Stream supports instances where businesses are unable to defer, waive or negotiate payment terms for critical business related expenses.
- Business Planning Stream supports businesses seeking professional advice aimed at navigating their businesses through and out of these current challenges.
This grant program is open and closes at 5:00 pm on Thursday 18 June 2020.
Applications are to be lodged via an online form which can be accessed here.
Arts and Culture Grants Program
The City of Victor Harbor has introduced an Arts and Culture Grants Program to:
- Increase awareness of the importance of art and culture in the community
- Facilitate the creation of engaging art in Victor Harbor;
- Support artists in Victor Harbor in the pursuit of excellence and innovation in arts practice; and
- Facilitate more people experiencing and participating in art in Victor Harbor.
The grant program specifically seeks to provide assistance towards the costs of:
- public presentation (advertising, promotional printing, mailouts, media photographs, media releases, equipment rental, framing, freight, installation costs, travel etc)
- arts development activities (costs associated with providing workshops by professional artists in visual and media arts, craft and design, performance arts, literary arts and music)
- Victor Harbor artists accessing professional development opportunities they would not otherwise be able to access, due to living in a regional community (travel and registration costs).
The 2019/20 Arts and Culture Grants Program has been extended until 30 March 2020.
For more information the Arts and Culture Grants Program please contact Peta Johnston or Louise Hampel on (08) 8551 0500 or email@example.com
Community Grants Program
The Community Grants Program aims to improve the well-being of people within the City of Victor Harbor.
It has been established to assist not-for-profit community groups and organisations to provide services that improve the quality of life and independence of people within the Victor Harbor community.
In the past grants have been provided for equipment, maintaining community buildings, community health initiatives and training.
The 2019/20 Community Grants Program will open for applications on 3 February 2020 and close on 30 March 2020.
For more information on the Community Grants Program please contact (08) 8551 0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Festivals & Events Sponsorship Program
The City of Victor Harbor is committed to fostering a vibrant festival and event culture that delivers economic, social and promotional outcomes for its community.
Through the Festivals & Events Sponsorship program, the City of Victor Harbor seeks to:
- Foster a range of events that cultivates a vibrant community culture, expands the economy and enhances the visitor experience
- Support respectful co-existence between events and the local business community and residents, aiming for collaborative business and social opportunities, by ensuring a good fit between an event type and an event site.
- Aim to strike a balance between stimulating quality events and the environmental and community impacts.
- Consult impacted community members as far in advance as possible of an upcoming event.
- Support event organisers to hold welcoming, accessible and safe events that enhance Victor Harbor’s brand.
- Support events that enhance Victor Harbor’s brand, improve business climate and encourage community participation and interaction.
- Encourage events that support off-season visitation to the city.
The Festivals & Events Sponsorship Program is to provide financial and in kind supported to eligible groups and organisations to assist in the staging of events and festivals that support the outcomes of the City of Victor Harbor Community Plan 2036 and Festivals and Events Policy.
A total funding pool of $35,000 has been allocated in the 2019/20 budget to support the delivery of festivals and events in Victor Harbor through the program.
Under the Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program two rounds of funding are being offered;
- Round one applications closed on 30 August 2019.
- Round two applications opened on 13 January 2020 and close on 28 February 2020.
Events are encouraged to consider ways to improve event sustainability in the areas of: reducing the events environmental impacts, ensuring human resources (paid and volunteers) have the tools and support they need, and generating alternative revenue streams.
The Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program Guidelines and Application Form can be downloaded on the link below. Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program Guidelines and Application Form(710 kb)
For further information contact Stacey Richardson, Festivals and Events Officer, email@example.com or phone (08) 8551 0500 (available Tues/Wed/Thurs).
Local Heritage Incentives Grant Scheme
To demonstrate its commitment to conserving Victor Harbor’s built heritage, Council initiated a Local Heritage Incentives Grant Scheme in 2005 to assist owners in conserving and maintaining Local Heritage places.
The Local Heritage Incentives Grant Scheme is a monetary fund set aside by Council to provide subsidies for owners for work associated with the conservation of their Local Heritage places. The Local Heritage Incentives Grant Scheme Policy provides more information.
Applications for this grant program can be submitted at any time.
For further information about the Local Heritage Incentives Grants Scheme please contact Louise Hampel on (08) 8551 0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Recreation and Sport Small Grants Scheme
The City of Victor Harbor Recreation and Sport Small Grants Scheme aims to assist recreation and sport groups and individuals wishing to make a positive contribution to recreation and sport development in the district.
Grants to groups will not normally be greater than $1000. Grants to individuals will not normally be greater than $400. If more than one round of funding is released in any financial year, grants to one group or individual should not exceed this limit. In order to assist as many groups and individuals as possible, applications for lesser amounts are encouraged, however one project may be funded for an amount which exceeds the above limit.
Applicants for grants may not be eligible to receive funding in consecutive years.
- Applications for 2019/20 round one Recreation and Sport Small Grants are now closed.
- Applications for 2019/20 round two Recreation and Sport Small Grants will open on 3 February 2020 and close on 10 April 2020.
Individuals can apply throughout the financial year if there are funds still available.
For further information about the Recreation and Sports Small Grants Scheme please contact (08) 8551 0500 or email@example.com
Volunteer Week Small Grants
To acknowledge the efforts of volunteers that support the Victor Harbor community, the City of Victor Harbor offers small grants to encourage, and assist community groups to celebrate and recognise the contribution of their volunteers. National Volunteer Week for 2020 is 18-24 May.
Grants can be used to fund a range of “thankyou” celebrations, such as a special morning tea, lunch, or a small gift. Celebrations will need to be held during National Volunteer Week. Two sizes of grants are available - $50 for community groups with up to 15 volunteers, and $100 for larger groups.
- Applications for 2019/20 Volunteer Week Small Grants Program closed on 2 March 2020.
If you have further questions about the Volunteer Week Small Grants please contact (08) 8551 0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hills & Coast Grant Finder
The City of Victor Harbor has teamed up with RDA Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island and surrounding councils to deliver the Hills & Coast Grant Finder.
This platform is a regional solution for individuals, community groups, businesses and organisations to find grants, manage grant applications and even receive email alerts when new grants are released.
If you need assistance to write a grant application, the site provides a list of grant writers who service our region. Our community is also a great resource for those seeks help with applying for grants.