08 8551 0500Video Call
View a Council Document
Make a Payment
Develop / Build / Remove
Enquire about or apply for
Locate or Hire a Facility
Contact Us or Elected Member

Roads and Traffic - Applications/Permits For....

Business Directional Sign

(Finger, Information Signage)

Business Directional Sign (Finger Signage) - City of Victor Harbor Managed Roads

To apply for a Directional Sign please print and complete the Application for Street Direction Sign and return to the City of Victor Harbor.

The cost for direction signs approved by council, will be invoice and ordered once paid. Fees and Charges can be located in the lower section of this page.

Please note that the City of Victor Harbor will not be held liable or responsible for any damage or misplacement of the sign and/or post and brackets, therefore if the sign is damaged or unwillingly removed from the site, repair or replacement is to be at the cost of the business owner through the above Department of Council.

For further information please refer to the City of Victor Harbor Signage Policy and Signage Guidelines.

Where a sign is to be located on a Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) state controlled road, the applicant will need to contact DPTI for approval. Please refer to information below on 'Business Directional Sign (Finger Signage) - DPTI Managed Roads'.

Business Directional Sign (Finger Signage) on DPTI Managed Roads

Where a sign is to be located on a Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) state controlled road, the applicant will need to contact DPTI for approval. DPTI contact details are:

Department for Planning, Transport and Infrastructure

Eastern Region

Thomas Street



Phone: (08) 8532-8111

Please follow this link for a list of DPTI managed roads within the city of Victor Harbor.

If you require further information, the South Australian Road Signs Guidelines can be viewed at www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/transport_network/FINAL_Low_Res.pdf

Over Dimensional/Excess Mass Vehicle Permit

The state Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) are assisting local government agencies in the administration of heavy vehicle permits, until the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) assumes control.

The City of Victor Harbor have given DPTI the authority to approve travel on the following roads managed by Council; Waterport Road to the City of Victor Harbor boundary, Welch Road and Armstrong Road (Victor Harbor Ring Road), Mill Road, Range Road and Waitpinga Road.

Endorsement is also required from the Permits Section of Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, for use of roads maintained by them being; Victor Harbor Road, Adelaide Road, Inman Valley Road, George Main Road, Victoria Street, Torrens Street, Hindmarsh Road, Hindmarsh Valley Road, Hindmarsh Tiers Road and Port Elliot Road). 

Heavy Vehicles applying to travel on the roads listed above only need to contact DPTI. If the request is outside City of Victor Harbor conditions of authority, they will refer applicants back to Council.

Heavy vehicles applying for travel on roads outside the above listings, will need to complete the Over Dimensional and/or Excess Mass Vehicle Permit  and submit to localgov@victor.sa.gov.au.

Fees and Charges

Contact Details

For more information or to return completed application forms, please use one of the following options;

Postal: City of Victor Harbor, PO Box 11, Victor Harbor  SA  5211

E-mail:  localgov@victor.sa.gov.au

Customer Service;

Phone : 08 8551 0500

Fax : 08 8551 0501

08 8551 0500|Video Call|Contact Us|Decrease font size Reset font size Increase font size|Print Page
Street Address
1 Bay Road
Victor Harbor SA 5211
Postal Address
PO Box 11
Victor Harbor SA 5211
Contact Council
Phone: 08 8551 0500
Fax:  08 8551 0501
Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
9am - 5pm
Emergency After Hours: 08 8551 0500
Data Last Modified: 2019-07-08T14:00:08
Close Window

Video Call Now

Talk to someone at the City of Victor Harbor

Learn More 

Video Call