Senior General Inspector/Fire Prevention Officer
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced individual to join the Community and Development Department and perform duties associated with the functions, administration and enforcement of legislation related but not limited to dog control, parking, animal nuisance, litter, fire prevention, clean air (burning) and Council by-laws.
Applications are invited for the full-time Senior General Inspector/Fire Prevention Officer position, a role that will work 38 hours per week.
Applicants will have extensive experience and knowledge in:
- Enforcing compliance and the administration of Local Government Act 1999, Road Traffic Act, Private Parking Areas Act, Dog and Cat Management Act and other relevant acts, codes, regulations, standards, by-laws, and Council policies
- Leadership and supervision of staff working within the department
- Handling and investigation of dog and other animal control complaints
- The legal procedures to prepare for Council prosecution
- The development, co-ordination and maintenance of Community Bush-Fire Prevention Plans.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a range of skills in negotiation and conflict resolution, problem solving, time management, setting priorities, supervision, communication including report writing, customer service, the ability to work as part of a team and Work Health Safety awareness.
Reporting to the Manager Public Safety and Regulation, the position is offered in accordance with the South Australian Municipal Officer’s Award 1998 and Council’s current Enterprise Agreement at Level 4 within a salary range of $75,816 to $80,980 dependent on skills and knowledge.
A detailed job description for the above position can be obtained by clicking here or from the Manager People and Culture, Mr. Bob Blair, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 08 8551 0500.
Applications should be addressed to the Manager People and Culture and specifically address the selection criteria within the job description. Closing date for applications is 9am Tuesday 28 January 2020.