New Year's Eve
There will be a midnight fireworks display on New Year’s Eve for the local community and visitors staying in the area. The midnight fireworks display aims to mark the end of a challenging year, offering our residents a symbol of hope for the year ahead.
The fireworks can be viewed from many private residences and holiday homes spread across Victor Harbor's 10km of coastline.
To keep our community safe:
- There will be no event on Warland Reserve
- The Granite Island Causeway itself will close to the public from 6pm.
- The Causeway Plaza will be closed to the public between 11pm and 1am to ensure safe delivery of the fireworks.
- Girdlers amusement park will close at 11pm.
- Dry zones will be in place from 3pm on 31 December 2020 until 9am on 1 January 2021, and the consumption of alcohol is not permitted in Victor Harbor's public spaces during this time.
Security guards and SA Police will be patrolling coastal areas to monitor and guide people.
It is important for the safety of our community that everyone adheres to the SA Health guidelines and maintains social distancing.