2021 Citizen of the Year Awards
If you know someone who makes the City of Victor Harbor a better place, nominate them for a Citizen of the Year Award.
- Citizen of the Year – Presented to the most outstanding Citizen
- Young Citizen of the Year – Presented to the most outstanding Citizen (must be at least 16 years of age but under 30 on 26 January 2021)
- Community Event of the Year – Presented to the individual or group who has staged the most outstanding community event during 2020
- Award for Active Citizenship – A new category for 2021. Presented to a person or group delivering outstanding work for an event or cause staged in the community during the past year
How to make a nomination
Nominations open on Thursday, 1 October 2020.
Download the nomination form and return it to the City of Victor Harbor's Chief Executive Officer by:
- Post – PO Box 11, Victor Harbor SA 5211
- Email – email@example.com
- In person – City of Victor Harbor Civic Centre, 1 Bay Road, Victor Harbor.
Hard copy nomination forms can be collected from the Civic Centre.
You can also submit your nomination online at www.citizenoftheyear.com.au
Nominations will close at 5pm on Friday, 20 November 2020.
Who judges the Awards?
The 2021 Citizen of the Year Awards are judged by a panel comprising Elected Members and community representatives.
If you would like to be involved in the judging, send your expression of interest to the City of Victor Harbor’s Chief Executive Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday, 30 October 2020.
When will the winners be announced?
The winners of the 2021 Citizen of the Year Awards will be announced following the December 2019 Council meeting.
An official awards ceremony will take place on Australia Day, 26 January 2021.
If you want more information about the 2021 Citizen of the Year Awards contact (08) 8551 0500.