By-laws are local laws established by Councils to manage issues of the Council area for the convenience, comfort and safety of the community.
In accordance with Section 249 of the Local Government Act 1999 the City of Victor Harbor has reviewed By-laws 1 to 6 and established By-law No. 7 (Foreshore). The new by-laws came into effect on 1 January 2017.
View Council's By-laws
- By-law No. 1 Permits and Penalties(122 kb)
- By-law No. 2 - Moveable Signs(238 kb)
- By-law No. 3 - Roads(185 kb)
- By-law No. 4 - Local Government Land(502 kb)
- By-law No. 5 - Dogs(199 kb)
- By-law No. 6 - Cats(130 kb)
- By-law No. 7 - Foreshore(278 kb)
Some of the provisions within Council's by-laws only apply to local government land or foreshore areas, as determined by Council.
These areas are identified in the following document:
Identification of Local Government Land applicable to Council By-law provisions(88 kb)