COVID-19 Response

For the latest updates on the City of Victor Harbor's response to COVID-19 click here

Dismiss alert

Rural Property Addressing

In June 2008 the State Government and Local Government Association announced that the new distance based numbering system for rural properties across South Australia will be introduced by 2011. The new Rural Property Addressing (RPA) system will allow emergency services, delivery drivers and visitors to easily find the entrance to the property.

This system has the support of the State Emergency Services, Country Fire Services, Metropolitan Fire Services, South Australian Police, SA Ambulance Service, Country Women's Association of South Australia and Australia Post.

The new number is the distance in meters from the start of the road to your entrance, divided by 10. Odd numbers are on the left hand side of the road and even numbers are on the right hand side. Example: If your address is 508 Inman Valley Road, your entrance is 5,080 meters (5.08 kilometers) from the start of Inman Valley Road and is on the right hand side.

Your new Rural Property Address (RPA) will replace the RAPID, RDS, RMD and lot number systems previously used to locate your property. This will provide you with one consistent address used by Australia Post, Emergency Services, delivery drivers, family and friends.

For further information about the new Rural Property Addressing System, please click here.

The City of Victor Harbor has now completed the roll out of Rural Property Addressing across the council area.

If you have not received a Rural Property Address but require one, or require multiple addresses for your property please complete the application form and forward it to our office, along with the relevant payment and an attached aerial view map of your property showing your access point (Note: maps can be obtained from Google Maps). Application forms are also available from our office, or click on the link below.

If you have any concerns or queries in relation to the installation of your new sign please contact our Environment and Infrastructure Service Department on (08) 8551 0523.

Rural Property Address Application Form Rural%20Property%20Address%20Application%20Form (355 kb)