Events that demonstrate a contribution towards achieving the Council’s long-term social, environmental, economic and leadership strategic objectives may be eligible to apply for sponsorship (in-kind or cash) to support their event.
The City of Victor Harbor is committed to fostering a vibrant festival and event culture that delivers economic, social and promotional outcomes for its community.
The number of Council sponsored events held in Victor Harbor has grown over the years with more than 16 major events held most years, including eleven annual community-run events, which have previously been assessed for sponsorship by Council on an individual basis.
The Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program aims to create greater awareness of the support that is available from Council to community-run events, encourages events to think about sustainability and inclusivity, and streamlines the application process for community groups and for Council.
2019/20 Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program
A total funding pool of $35,000 was allocated in the 2019/20 budget to support the delivery of festivals and events held in the Victor Harbor region prior to the 30 June 2020.
Under the Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program two rounds of funding were offered;
- Round one applications closed August 2019
- Round two applications closed COB 28 February 2020
Applications are currently closed. Applications for 2020/21 Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program will be announced in July 2020.
Guidelines for applicants is available on the Festivals and Events Sponsorship Guidelines and Application Form(710 kb)
Please note: Events held on Council land are required to complete an outdoor event permit application form, however this is not required at the same time as the sponsorship application.
Not-for-profit or community groups seeking once-off sponsorship under the value of $500 (in-kind or cash), who may have missed the sponsorship deadlines advertised above can apply in writing seeking support under Council’s donations policy.
If you require any assistance with your sponsorship application please contact Council's Festivals and Events Officer early to arrange a meeting.
Submit your completed application form to:
Festivals and Events Officer
PO BOX 11
Victor Harbor SA 5211
Phone: 8551 0500
Major events managed by the City of Victor Harbor
- Victor Harbor Rock ‘N’ Roll Festival, 13-15 September 2019
- New Year’s Eve Celebrations, 31 December 2019
Major events supported by the City of Victor Harbor 2019/20
- Field Good Festival, 4 October 2019
- Schoolies Festival, 22-24 November 2019
- Rotary Victor Harbor Christmas Pageant, 14 December 2019
- Victor Harbor Half Marathon, 15 December 2019
- Rotary Art Show, 10-18 January 2020
- Fleurieu Milk Gift, 25 January 2020
- Santos Tour Down Under Stage 5 Finish, 25 January 2020
- Victor Harbor Auto-Jumble Swap Meet, 2 February 2020
- Coast to Coast Bike Ride, 15 March 2020
- Ramindjeri Spiritual Gathering ‘Yande Wirakar Mum:mo:wee’, 1-5 Mary 2020