Events that demonstrate a contribution towards achieving Council’s long-term social, environmental, economic and leadership strategic objectives may be eligible to apply for sponsorship (in-kind or cash) to support their event.
The City of Victor Harbor is committed to fostering a vibrant festival and event culture that delivers economic, social and promotional outcomes for its community.
The number of Council sponsored events held in Victor Harbor has grown over the years with more than 16 major events held most years, including eleven annual community run events, which have previously been assessed for sponsorship by Council on an individual basis.
In July 2019 Elected Members adopted to deliver Council’s sponsorship of festivals and events through the City of Victor Harbor Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program.
This new program aims to create greater awareness of the support that is available from Council to community run events, encourages events to think about sustainability and inclusivity, and streamlines the application process for community groups and for Council.
2019/20 Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program
A total funding pool of $35,000 has been allocated in the 2019/20 budget to support the delivery of festivals and events held in Victor Harbor region prior to the 30 June 2020.
Under the Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program two rounds of funding are being offered;
- Round one applications close COB 30 August 2019
- Round two applications close COB 31 January 2020
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN - ROUND ONE
- Applications are now open for round one funding.
- Applications must be submitted on the approved Festivals and Events Sponsorship Application Form by the deadline (see attached)
- Round one applications close at 5pm on the 30 August 2019.
- Late applications cannot be considered.
Events are encouraged to consider ways to improve event sustainability in the areas of: reducing the events environmental impacts, ensuring human resources (paid and volunteers) have the tools and support they need, and generating alternative revenue streams.
The Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program Guidelines and Application Form can be downloaded via the link below.
Festivals and Events Sponsorship Guidelines and Application Form(710 kb)
Please note : Events to be held on Council land are required to complete an event permit application form, however this is not required at the same time as the sponsorship application. Reserve Hire/Event Permit Application Forms can be found on the Locate and Hire a Facility Page.
If you require any assistance with your sponsorship application please contact Council's Festivals and Events Officer early to arrange a meeting.
Festivals and Events Officer
Phone: 8551 0500
Once Off Donation Requests under $500 (kind or cash)
Not-for-profit or community groups seeking once-off sponsorship under the value of $500 (in-kind or cash), who may have missed the sponsorship deadlines advertised above can apply in writing seeking support under Council’s donations policy. Letters must be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and sent to PO BOX 11, Victor Harbor or emailed to email@example.com
Major events managed by the City of Victor Harbor
- Victor Harbor Rock ‘N’ Roll Festival, 13-15 September 2019
- New Year’s Eve Celebrations, 31 December 2019
Major events supported by the City of Victor Harbor 2018/19
- Victor Harbor Food & Wine Festival, 14 January 2019
- Rotary Art Show, 13 – 21 January 2019
- ASICS Victor Harbor Triathlon, 10 March 2019
- Granite Island Run, 24 March 2019
- Coast to Coast Bike Ride, 31 March 2019
- Encounter Celebrations, 8/9 & 14 April 2019
- Lockington Horse Trials, April 2019
- Mt Alma Mile Hill Climb Car Rally, 30/31 March 2019
- British Classics Tour, 6 May 2019
- Victor Harbor Half Marathon, 11 November 2018
- Schoolies Festival, 24-26 November 2018
- Australian Junior National Surfing Titles, 31 November - 8 December 2018
- Rotary Victor Harbor Christmas Pageant, 8 December 2018
Contact Council's Festivals and Events Officer (Major Events & Sponsorship) on 8551 0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org - available Tuesday to Thursday weekly.