Events that demonstrate a contribution towards achieving the Council’s long-term social, environmental, economic and leadership strategic objectives may be eligible to apply for sponsorship (in-kind or cash) to support their event.
The City of Victor Harbor is committed to fostering a vibrant festival and event culture that delivers economic, social and promotional outcomes for its community.
The number of Council sponsored events held in Victor Harbor has grown over the years with more than 16 major events held most years, including eleven annual community-run events, which have previously been assessed for sponsorship by Council on an individual basis.
The Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program aims to create greater awareness of the support that is available from Council to community-run events, encourages events to think about sustainability and inclusivity, and streamlines the application process for community groups and for Council.
Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program
A total funding pool of $30,000 has been allocated in the 2020-21 budget to support the delivery of festivals and events held in the Victor Harbor region prior to the 30 June 2021.
Under the Festivals and Events Sponsorship Program two rounds of funding will be offered;
- Round one applications closed August 2020
- Round two applications will open in January 2021
Guidelines and application forms are available on Council's Community Grants webpage.
Round 1 (2020-21) Successful Applicants
- SA Viking Festival, 3-4 October 2020
- Beachside Markets in Ocean Street
- Scouts Victor Harbor 110 year celebrations, 22 November 2020
- Rotary Victor Harbor Christmas Festival, 7-13 December 2020
- Rotary Art Show, 11-19 January 2021
- Victor Harbor Triathlon, 8 March 2021
- Coast to Coast Bike Ride, March 2021
- Walk The Outdoors, April 2021
Applicants are highly encouraged to contact Council's Festivals and Events Officer prior to lodging an application.
Festival and Events Officer
Available: Monday to Thursday 9am to 2pm, Fridays 9am to 12pm
Phone: (08) 8551 0500