Thank you to everyone who responded to our 'Buy Local' survey - there were more than 400 responses!
The survey formed part of a broader ‘Buy Local’ campaign undertaken collaboratively between the City of Victor Harbor and Business Victor Harbor. The campaign was primarily rolled out online using social media and reached in excess of 24,000 users.
Key findings from the survey include:
- 83% of respondents said they were very likely to seek out products and services from local businesses before looking outside the region.
- Friendliness of staff, product quality, product range and consistency of service are highly rated when considering where to shop locally.
- Things people are most likely to buy locally include groceries, home maintenance services, health care and pharmaceuticals.
- Things people are less likely to purchase locally include whitegoods, home appliances, clothing and motor vehicles.
- Previous shopping experience and referrals from friends were the top factors that influence shopping decisions, while emails, newsletters, advertisements and letterbox flyers were thought to have very little influence.
For more detail view the Key Findings Report - Buy Local Survey(367 kb).