Solar photo voltaic panels don't require development approval if all of the following applies:
- the system does not exceed a total weight of 100kg;
- the system's weight, if more than 100kg, is distributed so that it does not exceed 100kg at any one point of attachment to the roof;
- the panels do not overhang any part of the roof;
- the panels are fitted parallel to the roof with the underside surface of the panels being not more than 100mm above the surface of the roof; and
- the panels are installed by an accredited installer.