30 March 2020 - Playgrounds, outdoor gyms and skate park closed
We all have a responsibility to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect our community
The City of Victor Harbor is acutely aware that we have a vulnerable community. To protect our residents, it's important that we all do everything we can to stay ahead of the curve.
For the safety of our community the City of Victor Harbor has closed its skate park, outdoor gyms and playgrounds.
We also strongly encourage our community to follow the most recent advice about social distancing:
- Public gatherings restricted to two people or members of your household only
- You must stay home unless:
- shopping for food and necessities
- medical or health care needs
- exercising (remembering the restrictions on public gatherings)
- travelling to work or study, or dropping children to school or daycare
- People aged over 70 years old should stay home and self-isolate for their own protection. This also applies to people over 60 with a chronic illness and Indigenous people over 50. These groups should limit contact with others as much as possible if they travel outside.
Find out more about Council's COVID-19 response: www.victor.sa.gov.au/coronavirus