Council Service Changes
The City of Victor Harbor recognises the importance of a nationally consistent approach to slow the spread of COVID-19 including discouraging non-essential gatherings and ensuring social distancing practices are in place and followed.
In line with this the following changes have been made to Council services.
On Friday, 19 June 2020 the SA Government released their road map for easing COVID-19 restrictions. Step 3 of the road map allows for the re-opening of local government libraries for a maximum of one visitor per two square meters.
As the library re-opens to the public the following services will be available:
- Browsing collections
- Borrowing resources
- Computer use (up to two (2) hours per day)
- Information assistance
- Assistance with digital access to services
- Items can be returned via the 24-hour external chute or inside the library
We will also continue to provide our click and collect, online and home delivery (for those who are self-isolating) services. To access these:
- Call and collect - phone 08 8551 0730 to reserve your materials for collection. Library staff will advise the process for collection. This service is available between 9 am and 5 pm weekdays, and 9am to 12pm on Saturday.
- Online services - access via www.victor.sa.gov.au/library
- Home delivery service - phone 08 8551 0730 to reserve your materials and arrange home delivery. This service is only available between 9am and 5pm weekdays.
Keeping our customers and staff safe
The City of Victor Harbor is taking measures to help keep our customers and staff safe. To help us to do this it is vital that our customers:
- Do not attend the library if you have any symptoms of a cold or flu
- Keep a 1.5 metre distance from others
- Wash hands or use hand sanitiser before entering and exiting the library
- Maintain appropriate personal hygiene practices (especially covering coughs and sneezes)
- Not eat or drink in the library
Our staff will also be undertaking additional cleaning throughout each day.
Victor Harbor Visitor Information Centre
The City of Victor Harbor's Visitor Information Centre has re-opened. Operating hours are from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Sunday. Social distancing and good hygiene practices will be required to use the service. Visitor services are also available online via www.encountervictorharbor.com.au
South Australian Whale Centre
The South Australian Whale Centre has re-opened just in time for the whale season! Operating hours are from 10.30am to 5pm, Monday through Sunday. Social distancing and good hygiene practices will be required to use the service. Visit the SA Whale Centre website for the latest whale sighting information.
Coral Street Art Space
The Coral Street Art Space will re-open from 10 am on Thursday, 18 June 2020. Operating hours are:
- 10am to 4pm - Monday, Thursday and Friday
- 11am to 3pm - Saturday
Caring Neighbourhood Program
The Caring Neighbourhood Program is currently reviewing all group activities to put a COVID-Safe Plan in place. Activities, outings and face-to-face support will gradually be phased in as clients, volunteers and venues are ready to return to a new normal. The Caring Neighbourhood Program are continuing phone support and some library deliveries as needed.
Southern Communities’ Transport Scheme
The Southern Communities’ Transport Scheme service will continue with added precautions. Clients will flu-like symptoms will be excluded and directed to local medical services. Additional hygiene and social distancing practices have also been introduced for the safety of our clients and drivers.
Were possible Fleurieu Families are returning to face-to-face home visits with clients. In accordance density requirements and gathering caps, groups will be held in venues where this is possible. Children’s Activity Groups are not resuming at this stage.
At the Special Council Meeting held on Friday, 27th March 2020 the City of Victor Harbor passed COVID-19 immediate response measures including a bulk waiver of late payment fines and interest and all debt recovery to be suspended until 30 June 2020 when Council will consider further response through 2020/21 budget preparations. Payment arrangements can be set up to allow payments at a frequency that suits the ratepayers needs (direct debit facilities are available). Find out more about relief measures for ratepayers.
Step 1 of the SA Government's road map to easing COVID-19 restrictions allows for community facilities to be used within a number of strict guidelines include:
- limit of one (1) person per 4 square metres, up to a maximum of 20 people
- social distancing (keeping 1.5 metres from others) and good hygiene (washing hands, covering coughs and sneezes) is observed by those in attendance at the facility
- no sporting activities or physical training can occur in any facility
- no food or beverages provided for consumption on site whether for purchase or otherwise
- use of shared equipment is minimised (unless the equipment can be cleaned between each use)
- entry and exits are monitored the ensure the number of attendees and to assist with contract tracing requirements.
Playgrounds, outdoor gyms and skate park
From Wednesday, 6 May 2020 all playgrounds, outdoor gyms and the skate park will be progressively re-opened. To keep ourselves and others safe it is important to practice physical distancing and good hygiene when using equipment. We encourage those using playgrounds and outdoor facilities to wipe down equipment before and after use, and to wash hands or use hand sanitiser before and after touching surfaces. View our maps that show playgrounds with hand washing facilities nearby.
Meetings of Council, Committees, Advisory and Working Groups
Meetings are being held in person again. However, there are limits on the number of people allowed in the public gallery to ensure the Council provides a COVID-Safe environment. Where possible, the Council will live stream meetings via its website for the public to access from home.
Justice of the Peace Service
The Justice of the Peace service offered at the Civic Centre has resumed. View the operating times.