At times like this it is essential that we support each other and show compassion to those who need it.
Council has pulled together information about how residents can access home delivered groceries, medication and other services. We will continue to update this information as we learn more about what is being offered in our community.
If you are a community group or business offering delivery or support services to assist our community during COVID-19, please send information through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8551 0500.
- Delivery – Coles Online Priority Service is available for customers who can’t shop in store. To talk to someone about this service call 1800 455 400 or visit the Coles website.
- In-Store – Carers, friends and neighbours can shop on behalf of vulnerable customers during the Coles Community Hour (7am – 8am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday). Carers, friends or neighbours simply need to present the customer’s government-issued Pensioner Concession Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, Companion Card, Seniors Card, Disability Card or Health Care Card when entering the store.
- Click and Collect - access the Coles Click and Collect service
- Call and Collect Service – customers can phone orders through to (08) 7522 4530. Orders must be placed before 10am and can be collected after 3pm.
- Delivery – Deliveries are available on Tuesday and Thursday. Orders must be made at least the day before delivery by calling (08) 8552 6611. Payment to be made by card using mobile eftpos machine when delivered.
- Delivery – Woolworths’ Priority Assistance is available for seniors, people with a disability, those with a compromised immune system or people who are required to isolate. You must register for this service online. If a person requiring this service doesn’t have access to the internet, they can call 1800 904 698 to place an order, and pay over the phone using a credit/debit card or a gift card. The service takes 2-5 business days.
Swan’s Pharmacy (Victoria Street)
The team at Swan’s Pharmacy are able to pick up scripts (locally) and then deliver medication and other items with no delivery fee. Orders and arrangements can be made by calling (08) 8552 2021. Payment over the phone by card is preferred or cash payments will be accepted upon delivery.
National Pharmacies (Ocean Street)
Scripts can be kept at the pharmacy, and orders can be made by calling (08) 8552 8407. They will deliver medication and other items. Payment over the phone is preferred or cash (correct money only) on delivery. Deliveries will occur before midday each day.
- Members – No delivery fee applies
- Non-members – One (1) free delivery per month
Terry White (Victor Central)
Prescriptions can be kept at the pharmacy, and orders can be made by calling (08) 8552 8407 for home delivery. We can deliver medication and over-the-counter items. Payment over the phone is preferred or cash (correct money) on delivery. Deliveries will occur in the afternoon each week day. No delivery fee.
A "call and collect" service is available to those customers still coming to the shopping centre. Scripts can be kept at the pharmacy and orders can be made by calling (08) 8552 1797. Customers can arrange for pick up in the car park, and staff will bring your medication to your car. Payment can be made by eftpos or cash at car or in store.
Scripts can be left at the pharmacy (preferred) or can be collected from your residence. Orders for medication and other items can be phoned through to (08) 8552 8886. Payment by card over the phone is preferred or cash on delivery. No delivery fee.
While the library is closed the following services are available:
- Online services – The library has a wide range of online resources available for you to use from home like the Libby and Pressreader Apps for electronic books and magazines. If you need help to access these services or would like more information call the library on 8551 0730 and staff can assist over the phone.
- Call and collect – Call the library on 8551 0730 to put a hold on materials and arrange a time to collect items.This service is available between 9am and 5pm Monday-Friday, and between 9am and 12pm on Saturdays.
- Home delivery – Library staff can arrange home delivery of items, within the City of Victor Harbor council area. Call 8551 0730 for more details. This service is only available between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Please note: The 'Call and Collect' and 'Home Delivery' services are not available over Easter (Friday, 10 April to Monday, 13 April 2020).
There are a number of community groups and organisations who are making phone calls to check in on vulnerable members of the community.
If you are concerned about a family member or neighbour, please contact the City of Victor Harbor’s Caring Neighbourhood Program by calling 8551 0500. The program has a number of volunteers making calls to older community members to check in and see if they require any supplies. Staff are also able to connect people with existing services.
Government directives have meant that local restaurants and cafes have had to change the services they offer – moving to takeaway or delivery only.
The City of Victor Harbor has launched a Buy Local website with information about food businesses that are still operating and the services they are offering.
Find out more at www.buylocalvictorharbor.com.au
The threat of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting all of our lives. Social distancing and isolation will be a challenge for many people including our many older residents.
Victor Harbor has a highly vulnerable community, and now more than ever we need to support each other and show compassion for those who need it.
Download a free COVIDconnection postcard and pop it into your neighbour’s mailbox with your phone number and how you can help – whether it be shopping, running errands or a friendly chat over the phone.
There is no doubt that 2020 has been a challenging time for many local sporting and community clubs due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The suspension of sporting and community activities would have in many cases put a strain on clubs. The Council recognises that the loss of revenue experienced by many clubs will have a significant financial impact.
The State and Federal Governments have already put in place several financial assistance packages for sporting and community clubs.
To further support sporting and community clubs that have a lease or licence agreement with the Council, the City of Victor Harbor has introduced a local grant that provides clubs with short term financial assistance where assistance is not available from other avenues.
Your club is eligible if it:
- Is a not-for-profit community or sporting lease/licence holders or a not-for-profit hirer of a Council-owned facility; and
- Usually operates during the period between 16 March 2020 to 30 June 2020, and whose operation was suspended as a result of COVID-19 restrictions.
You can apply for up to $1,500 per club to assist with utility (electricity, water and gas) and insurance costs incurred between 16 March 2020 and 30 June 2020.
Applications must be made in writing and should be address to the Victor Harbor CEO (COVID-19 Lease / Licence Utilities Assistance Grant) and returned to Council via
- email to email@example.com or
- post to City of Victor Harbor, PO Box 11, Victor Harbor SA 5211.
The application should include:
- Evidence that COVID-19 restrictions impacted the club’s ability to generate income;
- Invoices that show the costs incurred from 16 March 2020 to 30 June 2020; and
- A declaration that the club has been unable to obtain financial assistance for utilities and insurance costs through other avenues.
(Relief for 50 percent of water and sewage bills are also available through the Department of Treasury and Finance Water Relief Grant linked above)
Each application will be assessed on its own merit with Council reserving the right to approve or reject applications in accordance with the criteria listed above.
Written applications will be accepted from 1 July 2020 until 5pm on 31 August 2020.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about COVID-19 Utilities and Insurance Grants by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (08) 8551 0557.