At times like this, it is essential that we support each other and show compassion to those who need it.
Council has pulled together information about how residents can access home delivered groceries, medication and other services. We will continue to update this information as we learn more about what is being offered in our local area.
If you are a community group or business offering delivery or support services to assist our community during COVID-19, please send information through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8551 0500.
- Delivery – Coles Online Priority Service is available for customers who can’t shop in store. To talk to someone about this service call 1800 455 400 or visit the Coles website.
- Click and Collect - access the Coles Click and Collect service
- Delivery – Deliveries are available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Orders must be made at least the day before delivery by calling (08) 8552 6611. Payment to be made by card using mobile eftpos machine when delivered.
- Call and Collect - access the Veg Out Call and Collect by calling (08) 8552 6611.
- Delivery – Woolworths’ Priority Assistance is available for seniors, people with a disability, those with a compromised immune system or people who are required to isolate. You must register for this service online. If a person requiring this service doesn’t have access to the internet, they can call 1800 904 698 to place an order, and pay over the phone using a credit/debit card or a gift card. The service takes 2-5 business days.
Normal services and hours.
Normal services and hours.
Swan’s Pharmacy (Victoria Street)
The team at Swan’s Pharmacy are able to pick up scripts (locally) and then deliver medication and other items with no delivery fee. Orders and arrangements can be made by calling (08) 8552 2021. Payment over the phone by card is preferred or cash payments will be accepted upon delivery.
National Pharmacies (Ocean Street)
Scripts can be kept at the pharmacy, and orders can be made by calling (08) 8552 8407. They will deliver medication and other items to those who are over 70 years, are immune compromised or have chronic conditions. Payment must be made over the phone. Delivery time will be advised.
- Members – No delivery fee applies
- Non-members – One (1) free delivery per month
Terry White (Victor Central)
Prescriptions can be kept at the pharmacy, and orders can be made by calling (08) 8552 1797 for home delivery. We can deliver medication and over-the-counter items. Payment over the phone is preferred or cash (correct money) on delivery. Deliveries will occur in the afternoon each week day. No delivery fee but deliveries are limited to one per week per customer.
A "call and collect" service is available to those customers still coming to the shopping centre. Scripts can be kept at the pharmacy and orders can be made by calling (08) 8552 1797. Customers can arrange for pick up in the car park, and staff will bring your medication to your car. Payment can be made by eftpos or cash at car or in store.
Scripts can be left at the pharmacy (preferred) or can be collected from your residence. Orders for medication and other items can be phoned through to (08) 8552 8886 and delivered if required. Payment by card over the phone is preferred or cash on delivery. No delivery fee.
While the Library is closed, there a number of online services still available
- Online services – The library has a wide range of online resources available for you to use from home like the Libby and Pressreader Apps for electronic books and magazines. If you need help to access these services or would like more information call the library on 8551 0730 and staff can assist over the phone.
There are a number of community groups and organisations who are making phone calls to check in on vulnerable members of the community.
If you are concerned about a family member or neighbour, please contact the City of Victor Harbor’s Caring Neighbourhood Program by calling 8551 0500. The program has a number of volunteers making calls to older community members to check in and see if they require any supplies. Staff are also able to connect people with existing services.
COTA SA, in collaboration with SA Health, have create a series of eight Strength For Life exercise videos that can be accessed online, anytime.
The Strength For Life exercise videos are especially tailored to ageing individuals who can benefit from engaging in simple, light movements around home during lockdown.