COVID-19 Response

For the latest updates on the City of Victor Harbor's response to COVID-19 click here

Dismiss alert

Hire Reserves, Beaches & Waterways

Victor Harbor has many natural attractions including Granite Island, Rosetta Head (The Bluff) and our coastal beaches providing a lifestyle which is highly valued by both residents and visitors.

In addition to these natural attractions The City of Victor Harbor is also responsible for over 100 reserves within the Council area, making the City of Victor Harbor an ideal location to host your next event.

Whether you’re planning a conference, festival or sporting carnival, the City of Victor Harbor has a wide range of venues, parks, reserves, ovals and waterways to suit your needs.

Popular Major Parks and Reserves

To locate and view more detail on the major parks and reserves please follow this link to the Parks, Gardens and Reserves listing.

If you would like to hire a reserve for an event, application forms and further information can be found on this page below.

If your event is expected to attract over 500 people, requires road closures or significant Council involvement you will be required to complete a Major Event Application Form. We recommend contacting Council's Festivals and Events Officer on 8551 0500 prior to submitting a Major Event applicaiton form.


The City of Victor Harbor has two ovals, the Encounter Bay Oval and the Victor Harbor Oval, which are available for hire for special events. These ovals are used throughout the summer and winter months by a number of sporting and community groups.

To locate, hire or find out more detail on our ovals please follow this link to the Ovals listing.

Encounter Lakes Waterway

The Encounter Lakes waterway has two public swimming beaches, making it the perfect location for a number of aquatic activites and related events.

Public swimming beaches are located at C M Thorpe Park (Bartel Boulevard) and J W Crompton Reserve (Tabernacle Road). To book the reserve and use the waterway for an event, you will need to complete two forms - an Application for Hire Oval/Reserve/Beach form and an Application for permit for Aquatic Activites Encounter Lakes form. Please locate these documents further down the page.

To view the Encounter Lakes and Franklin Island Information Sheet please follow the link.

For detailed information on the City of Victor Harbor's Recreation and Open Space Strategy please follow the link.

Complete Urban Reserves Map

For localities of all the City of Victor Harbor's urban reserves please click on this map link: Reserves Map.Reserves%20Map

Which form do I need?
Hire of Encounter Lakes/Franklin Island Waterway

Does your event require use of the Encounter Lakes waterway for any aquatic activity? ¨

If yes, please complete the Encounter Lakes Aquatic Activities Permit Application below.

Ongoing periodic use of a Reserve/Oval/Beach

Does your event require use of a Reserve/Oval/Beach for an ongoing activity for example; weekly or monthly use?

If yes, please complete the Fitness Activity Permit Application below.

Application for the Hire of a Reserve/Oval/Beach

Is your event anticipated to attract less than 500 people?

If yes, please complete the Application for Oval/Reserve/Beach Hire/Car Park.

If no, you will need to submit a Major Event Application.

Application for a Major Festival or Event

Is your event anticipated to attract over 500 people, require road closures or require substantial Council assistance?

If yes to any of the above, you will need to complete a Major Festivals and Events Application Form. Please contact Council's Festivals and Events Officer on 8551 0500 prior to submitting an application.

If the form you require is not listed below, please contact Customer Service on 08 8551 0500.

Fees and Charges

Dry Zones

The City of Victor Harbor has three separate dry areas.

Victor Harbor (Long Term)

Areas 1 and 2 from 10.00pm each night until 8.00am on the following day for a continuous period.

Area 3 for a continuous period (24 hours a day).

Victor Harbor Dry Area Zones Map

Liquor Licence

The sale or consumption of liquor at all Council Facilities is forbidden without a relevant Liquor Licence.  Examples if a Liquor Licence is required:

  • Where the consumption of liquor is included in the cover charge eg: Food, drinks and entry included in the one ticket price, even at a private home
  • Where entry is by donation
  • Where wine tasting is being offered with a view to selling wine, whether at the event or in the future;
  • Where liquor is offered as a ‘gift’ when an item is purchased

An application form is available below

Application to Support a Limited Liquor Licence