08 8551 0500Video Call
View a Council Document
Make a Payment
Develop / Build / Remove
Enquire about or apply for
Locate or Hire a Facility
Contact Us or Elected Member


Do I need Development Approval?

Building a new dwelling or extending or altering an existing building will require Development Approval from Council. Development Approval comprises both Planning Consent (Development Plan Consent) and Building Consent (Building Rules Consent). The application may be made for both consents together or separately.

What is Required to Submit a Development Application?

All Applications (including but not limited to) -

Development Plan Consent (including but not limited to) -

  • site plan
  • floor plan
  • elevation drawings showing building materials, finishes and colours
  • contour plan

Building Rules Consent (including but not limited to) -

  • Construction Industry Training Levy (or evidence of payment)
  • Housing Indemnity Insurance certificate
  • dimensioned floor plans
  • dimensioned elevations and sections
  • footing details
  • specifications
  • engineering documentation
  • wall and roof bracing and tie down details
  • roof, wall and floor layouts
  • wet area details

For further information on Development Applications please click here.

08 8551 0500|Video Call|Contact Us|Decrease font size Reset font size Increase font size|Print Page
Street Address
1 Bay Road
Victor Harbor SA 5211
Postal Address
PO Box 11
Victor Harbor SA 5211
Contact Council
Phone: 08 8551 0500
Fax:  08 8551 0501
Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
9am - 5pm
Emergency After Hours: 08 8551 0500
Data Last Modified: 2012-08-15T15:56:05
Close Window

Video Call Now

Talk to someone at the City of Victor Harbor

Learn More 

Video Call