General Permits and Licences
- The area for issuing new licences should generally be limited
to the area between the Causeway and the public toilets on Flinders
Parade or at locations determined by Council.
- Any proposal submitted should enhance the amenity of the
locality and provide a service to residents and visitors to Victor
Harbor which is currently not provided in the locality.
- All applicants shall provide Council with a documentation
showing a current public liability insurance cover of not less than
$10,000,000. Such documentation shall form part of any application
submitted to Council.
- The areas of operation shall be presented to Council for
- The site areas occupied shall be maintained in a neat and tidy
condition and the areas tidied following the close of business on
each day of operation.
- All vehicles, trailers and other specified equipment is to be
removed from Warland Reserve during days when trade is not in
progress or when not required during trading and must be regularly
- Operators of Food Vans shall comply with Council's Policy to
Ensure Standards of Food Hygiene and with Council's Guidelines for
Food Vending Machines, and must be inspected in operated at least
twice a year without prior warning.
- All licences granted shall be issued in accordance with Section
200 of the Local Government Act 1999, and any other legislation
which may apply from time to time.
- Council shall determine the term for which a licence is issued
with a 3 years maximum term being applicable.
- Council will determine an annual fee for licences issued.
- Failure to meet any of the responsibilities set out in the
policy and in the licence documentation will result in termination
of the licence.