NO WEED SPRAYING REGISTER
Should you wish to be on the "No Weed Spraying" register due to health reasons or because you wish to maintian the property yourself, you may telephone 8551 0523 to be included on the register.
We take this issue seriously and welcome any additions to this list.
During a weed spraying program the "No Weed Spraying" Register is handed to our contractors and staff to ensure that the registered properties and adjoining areas are not included in the spraying program.
WEED CONTROL ALTERNATIVES
ON A SMALL SCALE -
- Hand pulling
- Pour boiling water directly onto weed
- Use a direct Weed Killer applicator (not spray)
- Lay any type of cardboard onto garden area, overlapping for no gaps, then thickly top with bark chips. Lasts for years.
ON A LARGER SCALE -
- Mow frequently
- Slash property frequently
- Keep up fertiliser to encourage growth of the plant you desire
- Stock grazing e.g. poultry, alpacas etc.
Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges-Natural Resource Management Board
If you need assistance with planning and undertaking a suitable control program, identification of proclaimed plant, advice on the use of chemicals and rates of chemicals or recommendation of available contractors for chemical and proclaimed plant control - the Board's advisory services are at no cost and can also provide a free information pack containing fact sheets, planner chart and information on control options for your weeds.
5 Aldinga Rd
Willunga SA 5172
T (08) 8550 3400
F (08) 8550 3401