The Council has resolved that the payment of rates can be paid by one single payment due on the 8th September 2011, or by quarterly instalments on the 8h September 2011, 8th December 2011, 8th March 2012 and the 8th June 2012.
Rates may be paid:
- By using BPAY with participating financial institutions. Please ensure you enter the Council's Biller Code 918532 and your Billing Number when using the BPAY facilities.
- Pay Rates or Debtors On-Line
- By post with all cheques or money orders made payable to the City of Victor Harbor, or by completing the credit card details at the bottom of the rate notice.
- In person at the Council office, during the hours of 9.00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Please note that EFTPOS facilities are available at the Council Office.
- By Centrepay, whereby ratepayers who receive Centrelink benefits can have regular deductions taken out of their benefits to pay Council rates directly. Please contact Centrelink for details.
- At any Australia Post Office
Any ratepayer who may, or is likely to, experience difficulty with meeting the standard payment arrangements is invited to contact the Council to discuss alternative payment arrangements. Such enquiries are treated confidentially.
Rates Payment Arrangement Application Form (27 kb)
You may be eligible for a council rate concession if you are a pensioner nad have a current Pension Concession Card or Department of Veteran's Affairs (DVA) Gold Card (TPI, EDA, WW) or receive a Centrelink allowance. Apply through the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) Concession Hotline 1800 307 758 or at www.sa.gov.au/concessions using the online form. It is important to note that seeking a remission does not change the due date for the payment of Council rates
SELF FUNDED RETIREES
This concession is administered by Revenue SA. If you are a self funded retiree and currently hold a State Seniors Card you may be eligible for a concession toward Council rates. In the case of couples, both must qualify, or if only one holds a State Seniors Card, the other must not be in paid employment for more than 20 hours per week. If you have not received a concession on your rates notice or would like further information please contact the Revenue SA Call Centre on 1300 366 150.
The Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DSCI) administers Council rate concessions available to a range of eligible persons receiving State and Commonwealth allowances. You may be eligable for a council rate concession if you are a low income earner who meets the DFC low income threashold. Apply through the DSCI Concessions Hotline 1800 307 758. for more information visit www.sa.gov.au/concessions.
REBATE (RATE CAPPING)
Council recognises that hardship can result from the imposition of substantial increases in Council rates. Applications for a rebate on rates will be received and considered where the increase in rates levied upon a property exceed the 2010/2011 rates levied by more than 15%. Such rebates will only apply to residential properties that have not been subject to improvements since 1st January, 2010 and that have been the ratepayer's principal place of residence since the 1st January, 2010. Application forms are available from the Council office.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR OWNERSHIP